You must be thinking that it’s too old to buy a wood ball bat. It’s not like that. There are the best softball bats you need to know. They have shown classic performance in so many games. The sweet spot in these wood softball bats used to be one of the most favorite thing ever. Let’s review some of the best wood softball bat here!
1) Easton Maple Wood Softball Bat SB3
The Easton wood softball bat will not disappoint you because of the best maple wood used in the manufacturing and a lot of care has been taken in the manufacturing of this bat. Let’s have a look at the following features of this bat.
Features of Easton Maple Wood Softball Bat SB3:
- North American maple wood is used in the manufacturing of this bat. This Wood is known for its hardness and durability.
- Perfect for wood bat leagues and recreational use.
- It has laser engraved barrel and cupped end.
- Black colored barrel and clear handle
- Handcrafted in California
- Approved by ASA
- There would be probably an issue of gouges in barrel and after a few games, they will keep on increasing. So, at least make sure, there are no gouges before the purchase.
- As it is wood, you must not use it the way you use your composite bat! A lot care should be taken for maintenance of this bat.
2) Worth Mayhem Wood Maple/Bamboo SBMWMB Slowpitch Softball Bat
Worth bats are very popular bats with bamboo core which is known for the durability for years. With the following features, worth mayhem has been a good choice for professional players.
Features of Worth Mayhem Wood Bat:
- It is lighter and stronger (says the manufacturer)
- It is a perfect wood slowpitch softball bat with bamboo core barrel!
- Bamboo core durability is much higher than other woods and has been used in the making of bats for years.
- Maple hitting surface is great.
- Approved for ASA, USSSA, NSA, ISA and ISF.
- It has no Warranty, if it breaks it means you have to buy another one!
- It’s an old bat now a days! The Feel and the Looks are not that of 2020!
- It needs a lot of care and should be properly used.
3) Louisville Slugger 125 Ash Slow Pitch Wood Softball Bat
If you are looking for good and cheap bats, go for this bat. It’s very cheap and it’s not a bad bat at all. Manufactured by Louisville Slugger, it’s the features a good player looks for! Let’s have a look at the features of this bat.
Features of Louisville Slugger Slow Pitch Wood Softball Bat:
- It’s a light weight bat
- It has a large sweet spot!
- Made from North American White ash.
- Ash is a strong timber with lighter weight and it’s very flexible.
- Cupped ended.
- Length of this bat is 34″ and natural finishing of the bat is done by Louisville Slugger.
- Wood bats usually have no warranty, so this bat also do not have any sort of Warranty from the manufacturer.
- It’s a cheap bat. If you want to buy a bat on a few buck, go for this bat!
4) Combat Wood PWSP1 Slow Pitch Bat Slowpitch
The 4th bat in our list is the wood softball bat from Combat brand. Overall, it is a good softball bat with average features and technology. Following are the features of this bat.
Features of combat Wood Slow Pitch Bats:
- Material used is Wood Ash.
- Branded Bats from Combat
- Lighter and Stronger due to the flexible wood.
- Legal in USSSA and ASA
- No Warranty from the manufacturer
- Average bat with Looks and Feel Ok!
- The Design is not great.
- Just a normal cheap bat!
5) BamBooBat HNBRASA Natural/Red
This is a good bat from BamBooBats. They have design this bat well and have nice features and above all they will give you a 100 days warranty for this wood softball bat. Yes, you heard it right. 100 days Warranty for wood bat. This should be tested if you want a cheap wood softball bat.
Features of BamBooBats Wood Bats:
Let’s have a look at the features of this bat.
- BamBooBat is popular in Softball bats.
- High Quality Bamboo material is used.
- If the ball is hit on the wrong spot, the bamboo material wouldn’t break but if it breaks then the manufacturer will give you a new bat. This Warranty is Valid in first 100 days only.
- This bat is approved by ASA
- BamBooBat uses its Patent Pending Quadcore Technology that allows the ball to `jump` off the bat. This is what they are good at.
- The bat feel good and looks good.
- These bats have high gloss lacquer finish on all models.
- Needs to be used with care
- Breaks easily with mishits
|1||Easton Maple Wood||Good||Good||Good||OK||$$||8/10|
|2||Worth Mayhem Wood||Good||OK||OK||OK||$$||6/10|
|3||Slugger 125 Ash Slow Pitch Wood Bat||Good||OK||Good||OK||$$||7/10|
|4||Combat Wood Bat||OK||OK||OK||OK||$$||5/10|
So, the choice is yours!
Why would you choose wood softball bat?
There so many reason for which you can say that you one should buy a soft ball bat. Let’s talk about the things that makes wood softball bat one of the most important bat of all times.
- These bats give the feeling of being natural and classical
- These bats are cheap and looks good. You don’t need to have hundreds of dollars to buy a softball bat, a few bucks can buy you a good wood softball bat.
- These bats are great for recreational purposes.
- Professional players use these bats for practicing.
- The Surface Finnish of these bats look very fancy and gives the feeling of nature.
In spite of the above good things, they do have a few drawbacks and people say that these bats lack innovations and they cannot be customized when to comes to vibrations handling and stresses management. Best Wood Softball bat should have these latest features but wood makes them incapable of these features!